Palm Sunday, April 5
We will have our palm processions at the beginning of each service, but they will be done differently for the two worship spaces.
- Historic Church: The 7:30 a.m. service will have a simple procession of those serving. For the 9 and 11:15 a.m. services, some of those standing closest to the middle aisle will be asked to hold a large palm, while the choir and those serving will process up the aisle.
- Bethell Hall: The 9:15 a.m. service will include a children’s procession in the Bethell Hall Space. The 5 p.m. service will begin in the foyer outside Bethell Hall and process into the worship space.
7:30 a.m. Holy Communion, Historic Church
9 a.m. Holy Communion with choir and organ, Historic Church*
9:15 a.m. Family Holy Communion with singing, piano, and guitar in Bethell Hall*
11:15 a.m. Holy Communion with choir and organ, Historic Church*
5 p.m. Holy Communion with music and sung Passion, Bethell Hall*
8 p.m. Choral Compline: Ancient Evening Prayer with choir, Historic Church
Maundy Thursday, April 9
12 p.m. Maundy Thursday Liturgy with Holy Communion, Historic Church*
6 p.m. Maundy Thursday Liturgy with Holy Communion Bethell Hall*
7:30 p.m. Maundy Thursday Liturgy with Holy Communion, choir, and organ, Historic Church*
The 6 and 7:30 p.m. services will include the traditions of Foot Washing and Stripping of the Altar.
Good Friday, April 10
7 a.m. Stations of the Cross, Historic Church
- 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Good Friday Children’s Program, Sumners Hall
Children and families are invited to explore Good Friday through art, story, prayer, and the Stations of the Cross. Child care available for younger children. Contact Amanda Wischkaemper, our director of Children’s Ministry, to volunteer.
12 p.m. Liturgy of Good Friday, choir, and organ, Historic Church*
- 2 p.m. Good Friday Stations of the City, Lobby
Participants meet in the St. David’s lobby and pray around downtown for a unique Good Friday experience. All are welcome.
7:30 p.m. Liturgy of Good Friday with soloist and organ, Historic Church*
Holy Saturday, April 11
9 a.m. Liturgy of Holy Saturday, Grace Chapel
7:30 p.m. The Great Vigil of Easter with choir, organ, and trumpet, and baptisms, Historic Church*
Remember to bring your bells to ring as we celebrate the proclamation of Easter.
Easter Sunday, April 12
7:30 a.m. Holy Communion with organ, Historic Church
9 a.m. Holy Communion with choir, organ, and brass, Historic Church*
9:15 a.m. Family Holy Communion with singing, piano, and guitar, Bethell Hall*
All invited to bring a flower to place in the cross.
- 10:15 a.m. Cookie Reception, Sumners Hall
11:15 a.m. Holy Communion with choir, organ, and brass, Historic Church*
- 12:30 p.m. Annual Easter Potluck Lunch, Crail Hall. Chef Ray will provide roast ham, potatoes, and vegetables. You’re welcome to bring a salad or a dessert to share. Serving utensils provided.
5 p.m. Holy Communion, Bethell Hall*
8 p.m. Choral Compline: Ancient Evening Prayer with choir, Historic Church*
Holy Week Information
* Childcare available during these services.
Easter Seating: With expectations of large crowds, we ask that you follow these guidelines when attending one of our Easter services. Ten minutes before any service begins, empty seats will need to be given up so others may be seated. We also ask that everyone slide into the rows as far as possible, leaving open seats on the outside. Those arriving after the service has started will be directed to our overflow areas.
Formation Schedule: There will be no Youth or Children’s Formation on Palm Sunday or Easter. There will be no Adult formation on Easter.
Easter Monday: April 13. The church will be closed.
Flower Delivery: Tuesday, April 14, we will deliver lilies to members of our parish who may be grieving, elderly, or homebound. We invite you to join our delivery team. Contact Jennifer Lee for more information.