Tuesday, Feb. 16, 6-7 p.m.
Click here for the recipe
● 2 cups all purpose | plain flour, (290 g | 10 oz)
● 1/4 cup granulated sugar or sweetener, (60g | 2 oz)
● 4 teaspoons baking powder
● 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
● 1/2 teaspoon salt
● 1 3/4 cups milk, (440ml)
● 1/4 cup butter, (60g | 2 oz)
● 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
● 1 large egg
1. Combine together the flour, sugar (or sweetener), baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large-sized bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the milk, slightly cooled melted butter, vanilla and egg.
2. Use a wire whisk to whisk the wet ingredients together first before slowly folding them into the dry ingredients. Mix together until smooth (there may be a couple of lumps but that’s okay).
3. (The batter will be thick and creamy in consistency. If you find the batter too thick — doesn’t pour off the ladle or out of the measuring cup smoothly — fold a couple tablespoons of extra milk into the batter at a time until reaching desired consistency).
4. Set the batter aside and allow to rest while heating up your pan or griddle.
5. Heat a nonstick pan or griddle over low-medium heat and wipe over with a little butter to lightly grease pan. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the pan and spread out gently into a round shape with the back of your ladle or measuring cup.
6. When the underside is golden and bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip with a spatula and cook until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
7. Serve with honey, maple syrup, fruit, ice cream or frozen yoghurt, or enjoy plain!
Once you have made and decorated your Shrove Tuesday pancakes get dressed up in your best Mardi Gras costume and join us on Zoom.
We are looking for the best:
- Pandemic Pancake
- Classic Pancake
- Spirit of St. David’s Pancake
- Freestyle/Wildcard category pancake
- Best Mardi Gras costume
2020 Winner: Best Father Chuck Lookalike Pancake
A Zoom link will be emailed to you with your registration confirmation.