We are called to support families’ formation, worship, and daily lives, and to nurture children’s growing faith through wonder, learning, prayer, and play. In uncertain times, we realize how much we need community. We are learning as we go, and we are better together.
Upcoming Children’s Events
OUTDOOR CHILDREN’S FORMATION
Starting Sept. 5, Sundays, 10-11 a.m.
Age 3-5th grade
NEW! Children’s Sunday Classes will be both in the Labyrinth and online.
Sunday Children’s Ministry
Children’s classes meet 10:15-11:10 a.m. Sept. 5, 2021-May 29, 2022
Not meeting: Nov. 14 and 28, Dec. 26, March 13, and April 17. Register once for the whole year.
The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is a Montessori-based, experiential educational program focused on liturgy and scripture. Children direct their own learning in a carefully prepared environment (an “Atrium”) which supports children’s unique capabilities and interests, and gives them the opportunity to grow in love and knowledge of God through the Christian tradition.
Junior Journeys offers age-appropriate, short-term courses that focus on specific topics in Children’s walk with and path to God. From Scripture to favorite movies, there are lessons about God’s love all around us! Classes are divided by age:
- Preschool & Kindergarten
- 1st-5th Grades
Engage with Children’s Formation
- Contact Director of Children’s Ministry Amanda Wischkaemper
- For details, meeting links, and ways to engage.
- We are always in need of enthusiastic volunteers to staff our many programs—in-person on online.
- Join our Children and Families Facebook group.
- Download Children’s Formation Resources on Facebook
- Your children’s regular Sunday teachers have written online materials—Catechesis of the Good Shepherd’s “Notes from the Atrium” and Junior Journeys’ “Sunday School in a Box”—to support your continued family formation at home.
Children’s Ministry News
- Sunday Children’s MinistrySunday Church Childcare Church childcare is back for Sunday services! Childcare will be provided every Sunday from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. for children ages 2 months through 3 years of age! The location is the same as in the past, first floor, room #115. Masks are required in St. David’s buildings. Temperature checks and a brief health form completion will be required. We look forward to seeing you! For more information please contact childcare coordinator Laura Lancaster Faulk. Continue reading