Upcoming Children’s Events
Sundays at 10 a.m. First Floor
Children are invited to join Ms. Amanda and her friends for relaxed mornings of children’s formation and fun. We’ll share a short chapel service, story, craft, and snack! No registration is required.
FAMILY SUMMER PLAYDATES
Parents and Kids, let’s get together for some laid-back Saturday socializing and playtime. Coffee and treats provided. No registration is required. See you at the park!
- July 9 South Side: Sunset Valley Playground, behind Doc’s Backyard
- July 16 North Side: Branch Park (Mueller)
Summer Performing Arts Camp
Summer Performing Arts is BACK! During this two-week day camp, rising 2nd through 8th graders will learn and perform a full-length musical, gain valuable skills, and enjoy time with friends old and new. Austin summers may be hot, but at St. David’s we’ll be Frozen, for sure. Contact Amanda Wischkaemper with questions, or register HERE.
Camp St. David’s
Camp St. David’s is a fun summer camp with age-appropriate activities for children ages 2-11 years old.
The cost for each camper is $250 per week. There are different activities each week within an overall theme. Make new friends and keep in touch with old friends. This is the last week of summer before classes resume at St. David’s Day School and AISD.
Contact Laura Lancaster Faulk for details and to register.
St. David’s Day School Camp
June 13-Aug. 5
St. David’s Day School offers camp sessions throughout the summer. Registration is OPEN for all summer sessions for ages 5-12. All camp sessions are hands-on and promote imagination, collaboration, and FUN inspired by kids! Weekly immersive on-site field trips are planned for all sessions. Contact Leigh Moss for more details.
We are called to support families’ formation, worship, and daily lives, and to nurture children’s growing faith through wonder, learning, prayer, and play. In uncertain times, we realize how much we need community. We are learning as we go, and we are better together.
Sunday Children’s Ministry
Sundays, August-May, Preschool-5th grade
Register once for the whole year.
- Junior Journeys: Age-appropriate, short-term courses that focus on specific topics in Children’s walk with and path to God. From Scripture to favorite movies, there are lessons about God’s love all around us! Classes are currently divided into these age groups: Preschool & Kindergarten, 1st-5th Grades.
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd: A Montessori-based, experiential educational program focused on liturgy/scripture. Children direct their own learning in a carefully prepared environment (an “Atrium”) which supports children’s unique capabilities/interests, and gives the opportunity to grow in love/knowledge of God through the Christian tradition. CGS offers two age groups: The Good Shepherd Atrium (Ages 3-6) and The True Vine Atrium (Ages 6-9).
Sundays 8:30 a.m.-12:30, Ages 2 mo. up to 4 yrs, 1st floor.
We look forward to seeing you! To keep all children safe, a brief health form completion is required upon drop off. Masks are strongly encouraged for children up to age five, and masks are required for all adults working with them.
Engage with Children’s Formation
- Contact Director of Children’s Ministry Amanda Wischkaemper
- For details, meeting links, and ways to engage.
- We are always in need of enthusiastic volunteers to staff our many programs—in-person on online.
- Join our Children and Families Facebook group.
- Download Children’s Formation Resources on Facebook
- Your children’s regular Sunday teachers have written online materials—Catechesis of the Good Shepherd’s “Notes from the Atrium” and Junior Journeys’ “Sunday School in a Box”—to support your continued family formation at home.