Wedding Coordinator, Amanda Wischkaemper
St. David’s Episcopal Church is a beautiful place for the Celebration and Blessing of Marriage, with three worship spaces, an outdoor Labyrinth, ample parking, and the option to rent our event facilities for a reception and/or rehearsal dinner.
Please note: The Historic Church will begin renovations in January 2022 and be unavailable for all worship services for at least one year. During this time, weddings will be scheduled in our Bethell Hall worship space.
To be married at St David’s one of the following conditions must be met:
- At least one member of the couple is an active, attending, and pledging member of St. David’s for at least six (6) months prior to submitting the request to be married.
- Exceptions will be considered for couples living outside of Austin who are active, attending, and pledging members of another Episcopal parish, upon written request from the Rector of their parish to the Rector of St. David’s. In these situations, an additional non-member fee is assessed
- The first step in your wedding inquiry is to carefully read our Wedding Book to learn about wedding procedures and guidelines at St. David’s.
- After reading the Wedding Book, you may complete the Request to be Married form on the final page of the booklet. Please submit your request via e-mail to our Wedding Coordinator, Amanda Wischkaemper.
- The Sacrament of Marriage is available to all couples, regardless of gender.
- Couples planning to get married at St. David’s must participate in pre-marital counseling. We have a list of recommended pre-marital counselors, or you may discuss alternative options with the priest who will preside at your wedding.
- If either member of the couple has been previously divorced at any time, specific requirements of the Church must be met. This includes submission of a remarriage submission petition to the Bishop.
- The minimum cost is $1,440-$1,500 for St. David’s members and $2,440-$2,500 for non-members, depending on the worship space. Other services will incur additional fees.
- The Historic Church provides a picturesque setting in an ornate and historic worship space, with seating for up to 425 guests.
- Bethell Hall offers an open space with ample natural light and seating for up to 200 guests.
- For smaller weddings, Grace Chapel is a lovely space, and accommodates up to 30 guests.
- Our outdoor Labyrinth, complete with flowers, white lights, and a water feature, provides a beautiful space for portraits and “first look” photos of the couple prior to the ceremony, and wedding ceremonies.
We look forward to making your marriage celebration joyful and sacred!