St. David’s Episcopal Church in downtown Austin, TX is searching for a Parish Administrator to be hired by June/July 2019. This is a full-time position with benefits; salary will be commensurate with experience. The correct person meets the essential duties and responsibilities, as well as having the necessary education and experience. If you feel called to this position, please review the attached job description and submit your cover letter, resume, and three references to the following address, or you may email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is 1 June 2019.
St. David’s Episcopal Church in downtown Austin, TX is searching for a Controller to be hired by June/July 2019. This is a full-time position with benefits; salary will be commensurate with experience. The correct person meets the essential duties and responsibilities, as well as having the necessary education and experience. If you feel called to this position, please review the attached job description and submit your cover letter, resume, and three references to the following address, or you may email them to email@example.com. The deadline for submission is 1 June 2019.
St. David’s Episcopal Church is seeking a part-time sexton for general custodial and maintenance work. With experience, advancement to full time with benefits is possible.
- Must be available to work Sunday through Friday
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs. repeatedly without difficulty
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding
- $15/hour, appx. 30 hours/week to start
- No benefits
Email resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant to the Youth Minister
St. David’s is a diverse worshiping community of believers, unified in Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit to receive and share God’s love, hope, joy, vitality, and vision as we serve others. We are seeking a (21+) 5-10hr/week paid assistant to the youth minister interested in spiritual growth, practical training, and relational ministry.
Assistant will work closely alongside Jenny Campbell, Director of Youth Ministries, and our youth ministry leadership team to create and support opportunities for St. David’s youth to meaningfully engage the gospel, each other, and the world.
As part-time members of St. David’s staff, a chosen assistant will be exposed to the many facets of a church in action and gain valuable skills that will support future work within or outside the church.
An ideal Assistant to the Youth Minister will be curious, energetic, flexible, willing to learn from both mentors and youth, interested in discerning their Christian vocation, and have experience or desire to work with youth grades 6th-12th.
Work duties may include, but are not limited, to:
- Supervise acolytes at the Sunday morning 9 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. services
- Help with Sunday morning formation
- Involvement with Tuesday 6-8pm and/or Wednesday night EYC 5:30-7 p.m. and Saturday/Sunday events once or twice a month
- Administrative tasks such as lesson preparation and emails, social media, or buying snacks for the youth room.
- Supervise and train new acolytes as well as help rejuvenate programs for middle school formation and EYC
- Attend events around Austin such as a day at Zilker, on South Congress, going to the movies, etc. during the summer
Assistant could start as early as March 2019, at 5-10 hrs/week, with growth opportunities in 2020. Assistant is paid hourly at $15/hr.
Interested applicants can email resumé Jenny Campbell at email@example.com.
Teachers and Assistant Teachers
St. David’s Episcopal Day School is looking for several teachers and assistant teachers for part-time positions for our afternoon program. Times are Monday-Friday from 2 p.m.-6 p.m. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have an associate degree, bachelor’s degree, or CDA, OR be working toward those ends, as we are a NAYEC-accredited school. It is preferred that applicants have been working with pre-school age children for at least one year. We require 30 hours of continuing education/training per year, background check, fingerprinting, training specific to the Episcopal Church (provided, and part of the 30 hours). Hourly rate is $11-15 depending on experience.
Email resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. David’s is looking for part-time help in our hospitality ministry.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- No experience needed, but is a plus
- Need to have, or be able to attain, Texas Food Handler and TABC certifications
- $15/hour, 10-15 hours/week
Email resumé to email@example.com.
The Episcopal Diocese of Texas maintains a full list of Episcopal church employment opportunities around the state.