(updated October 2022)
Mission: To provide the children of St. David’s Episcopal Church with a loving and enriching childcare program that meets the needs of each child at each developmental level.
Average hours worked: 5-10 hours per week
Benefits: This position is not eligible for health, dental or pension benefits.
The Childcare Director carries out the broad vision of childcare ministry as established by St. David’s Church, and acts within the limits of that vision to create a nurturing environment for all children in childcare. This position manages childcare during church regularly scheduled services and programs and as needed for additional services and programs. In addition, this position oversees Club 10:15, Camp St. David’s, childcare and after hours care for Vacation Bible School, and other programs as needed.
- Maintain childcare safety and wellbeing at all times.
- Develop annual childcare budget and review monthly.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate all childcare staff. (See Childcare Policies and Procedures Manual)
*In addition to new staff orientation/training, all staff must have current certifications in CPR & First Aid and Safeguarding God’s Children
- Schedule adequate childcare staff during church services, programs, activities and as needed for special church functions. Post schedule monthly.
- Meet and greet parents and children on Sunday mornings (and other times if needed) establishing relationships with families.
- Serve as childcare substitute or floater as necessary.
- Keep appropriate sign in/out records on children and regularly enter childcare attendance records.
- Review and submit biweekly timesheets for staff pay.
- Monitor childcare safety, interactions, cleaning, and diapering practices to ensure standards meet or exceed expectations and best practices.
- Monitor supplies, snacks, toys, games, equipment, etc., and purchase as needed.
- Maintain communications between childcare team, church staff, and parents.
- Remain abreast of child development and other research which have direct relevance to this work, but always in conjunction with the vision of the church ministry.
- Work in close cooperation with Director of Children’s Formation and Head of School
- Sharing space
- Supplies needed
- Work with church staff scheduling childcare for special programs and events as needed
- Oversee Camp St. David’s (see separate document “Bullet points for Camp St. David’s”. This will require additional hours in July and August.)
Current childcare schedule:
- Sunday mornings 8:30-12:30
- Wednesday evenings 6:00-9:00
- Club 10:15, Sunday mornings during Children’s Formation Hour (as needed when regular Children’s Formation is not scheduled)
- Vacation Bible School childcare – 8:30-12:00 the week of VBS for children too young to attend VBS
- Vacation Bible School afternoon childcare 12:00 noon – 5:00 p.m. the week of VBS
- Additional services (a.m. and p.m.) Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Saturday Easter Vigil, Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve (3:00 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.), others as requested
- Camp St. David’s, July/August (weeks to be determined)
Childcare Director is not required to be present at all events as long as adequate staff are in place to provide quality childcare. Childcare Director is required to be in contact with staff to ensure quality childcare is attained or take measures for additional staff as needed.
One position immediately available – Sign-on bonus – $250!
St. David’s Episcopal Day School is looking for a full-time Lead Ones teacher. We are a play-based, warm, community school. Our school is part of St. David’s Episcopal Church, which is a wonderfully diverse and accepting community. We are looking for someone who can be flexible, a team player, and already has early childhood experience in a licensed childcare facility. We are NAEYC and Texas Rising Star accredited, so applicants must have a CDA certificate, Associates degree, Bachelor’s degree, etc or be working towards completion.
- Early childhood classroom experience Infant to 3 years (Preferred)
- High School degree required
- CDA, Associate’s, or Bachelor’s (preferred or working towards)
- CPR/First Aid (we will train you if you aren’t)
- Collaborate with your assistant or co-teacher
- Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play, learn, and grow
- Communicate regularly with parents, using our Brightwheel app, personal discussions, and conferences
- Write lesson plans weekly
- Be punctual and present on a regular basis
- Attend professional development as required by licensing and NAEYC
- Comply with child care licensing and NAEYC requirements at all times
- Change diapers
- Supervise all children in your care at all times
- Maintain control in stressful situations
- Some lifting may be required
- $250 sign-on bonus after probation period
- Discounted half price child care
- Free health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid holidays
- Free Garage Parking
- On the Bus line
We require a background check.
Salary: starting at $35,000-$38,000 annually depending on experience.
- Dental insurance
- Employee tuition discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift/ 40 hours a week
- Monday to Friday