The facility maintenance employee, or “Sexton,” at St. David’s Episcopal Church is responsible for maintaining the parish buildings, equipment, and grounds. This position would mostly work in the afternoon and evening, times TBD. However, this position also may need to work some weekend hours as needed. The position would be mainly responsible for daily cleaning of our preschool classrooms followed by general floor and building cleaning as well as ensuring entire facility is locked for the night. however, this position may also perform tasks related to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, environmental, safety, room set up and take down, and custodial under the supervision of the Facilities Manager. This position requires a team player attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to details, and the ability to multi-task.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assure the safety of the building and its occupants by acting as the first responder to concerns regarding strangers, homeless, suspicious people, or alarms.
- Advise Facilities Manager of any safety Issues found or relayed to Sexton’s.
- Advice Facilities Manager of any repairs needed either found by or relayed to Sexton’s.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for staff, parishioners, and visitors.
- Interior cleaning responsibilities include, but not limited to, toilets, sinks, floors, walls, bathroom stalls, sweeping, dust mop, wet mop, running scrubber, vacuum, empty trash and recycle bins, stripping floors, waxing floors, cleaning carpets, cleaning windows, cleaning various surfaces.
- Exterior Cleaning responsibilities including but not limited to picking up trash, sweeping sidewalks, Labyrinth, and loading dock. As needed, washing down the previous listed areas as needed. Clean trash out of flower beds. Empty trash cans around outside perimeter of property.
- Special Event room set-ups and break downs including (tables, chairs, audio/visual equipment).
- Light repairs including (general, electrical, plumbing, painting) as assigned.
- Preventative Maintenance of equipment as assigned and instructed by Facilities Manager.
- Secure building prior to leaving to include but not limited to lights being turned off, all doors to first floor being locked, and all doors to exterior of building being locked and closed properly.
- Sunday morning making coffee (in Sumners Hall and second floor adult classes).
Job Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of cleaning equipment, chemicals, general repairs, plumbing, electrical, HVAC preferred but not required. The willingness to be trained in these areas is required.
– English – Spanish is helpful
Physical Demands –The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to communicate verbally both in person, by phone, and electronically. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and color vision. Ability to stand or walk for prolonged periods of time. Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, reach overhead, climb stairs, and lift up to 35 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Currently, masks are required in all buildings high contact surfaces are disinfected on a regular basis. Vaccinations are not required by highly recommended.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location
St. David’s Episcopal Day School is looking for an Assistant Teacher. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Applicants must have an associate’s degree or higher OR their CDA OR be working towards one of the aforementioned, as we are a NAEYC accredited school. Responsibilities and essential job functions will be:
- Positive guidance techniques, counsels’ children with social and academic adjustments
- Maintain orderly environment during class times
- Supervise children by sight and sound at all times
- It is preferred that applicants have been or are currently working with preschool aged children.
Hours: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour