Director of Adult Christian Formation – Austin, TX
(Posting November 2020)
St. David’s Episcopal Church is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Adult Christian Formation. Major duties include:
- Developing, coordinating and directing special projects and committees related to education and spiritual formation in the parish;
- Leading or participating in parish-wide initiatives related to education and spiritual formation including small groups and classes;
- Envisioning, planning, and ensuring implementation of Sunday morning adult formation offerings; Plan and organize the two-day speaker series called the Eckhardt Mission Series;
- Participating in the Program Ministry Team; and
- Ensuring retreats happen on a regular basis.
Requirements for the Director of Adult Christian Formation include a bachelor’s degree in a related field, extensive experience as a Director of Adult or Parish Formation programs may compensate for degree in unrelated field; a minimum of five (5) years of experience as an Adult Formation Director or Director of Faith Formation, Episcopal Church experience preferred; must be a practicing member of the Episcopal Church; and, be familiar with different forms of spiritual expression including meditation, Labyrinth walks, etc.
St. David’s Episcopal Day School is looking for an Assistant Teacher. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Applicants must have an associate’s degree or higher OR their CDA OR be working towards one of the aforementioned, as we are a NAEYC accredited school. Responsibilities and essential job functions will be:
- Positive guidance techniques, counsels’ children with social and academic adjustments
- Maintain orderly environment during class times
- Supervise children by sight and sound at all times
- It is preferred that applicants have been or are currently working with preschool aged children.
Hours: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
The Episcopal Diocese of Texas maintains a full list of Episcopal church employment opportunities around the state.