Updated May 4, 2022
Masks in the Building
- Masks are optional for everyone fully vaccinated and up to date.
- Masks are required for adults providing church childcare and younger children’s formation.
- Masks are highly recommended for children aged 3 and up and strongly encouraged for those who are at risk or not fully vaccinated or up to date.
- Properly fitting masks are strongly recommended.
- Available at the front desk if needed.
- Follow the Day School protocols when on the first floor during the week.
- Follow Trinity Center’s protocols when on the ground floor.
Per the CDC, a person is fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving all recommended doses in their primary series of COVID-19 vaccine.
Up to date means a person has received all recommended doses in their primary series of COVID-19 vaccine, and a booster dose when eligible.
- Communion in both kinds will be distributed at the rail.
- The chalice will be available for drinking and intinction.
- If you need communion brought to you in your seat, indicate that to the usher.
- All choirs, acolytes, and eucharistic ministers may return, and a full procession will resume.
- You may pass the peace with a wave, handshake, fist bump, etc.
- The same guidelines are in place for outdoor worship.
If you would like to be more spread out, consider the 8 a.m. Historic Church and 9 a.m. Bethell Hall services. Attendance at these services allows for more distance between households than at the 9 and 11:15 a.m. services in Historic Church.
We will continue to offer an online worship option. Join the livestream on Facebook, YouTube, or stdave.org. Find worship and livestream schedules at stdave.org/worship.
Compassion is Our Guide
Now that most of our spaces are mask-optional, we encourage compassion to be a motivating factor influencing the wearing of masks. Remember that there are those in our community who are at risk or may have family members who are at risk. Some may not be able to be vaccinated for health reasons or have family members who are too young to be vaccinated. Please reach out to our clergy or staff if you have questions or would like to talk.