We are asking volunteers to record the Gospel reading (found below) in a language other than English for our Pentecost online worship service. We are especially interested in having the reading in languages other than those known as the romance and Germanic languages.
When it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and the doors of the house where the disciples had met were locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” After he said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”
- Please limit your recording to 45 seconds or less
- You can record using you preferred device, including your phone
- Please name your file with the language included, for example:
- Pentecost Recording German
- Please email your files to Mark Wischkaemper
- SUNDAY, MAY 24, is the deadline for submissions