Thank you for joining us in online worship. Here are some tips to enhance your experience and answer questions.
Issue: I can’t hear the online worship services at stdave.org
- Check your device’s volume settings.
- Check the volume settings in the video window (see above).
Issue: I can’t see videos on the Online Worship page at stdave.org
A video will be viewable on the Online Worship page a few minutes before the beginning of each service. If you can’t see the video take the following steps:
- Try refreshing your page.
- Changing web browsers can improve connectivity.
- If possible, try Chrome as your web browser.
- Click on the WATCH ONLINE and be taken to a stand-alone page with the service video and a comments section for connecting with other parishioners and adding prayers during the service.
- or WATCH ON FACEBOOK to see the service video on Facebook.
- or WATCH ON YOUTUBE to see the service video on YouTube
- If you visit our worship videos before the service begins, both Facebook and YouTube have the option of adding a reminder so you can get a notification when it’s time for church (see examples below).
Issue: I do not have a Facebook or YouTube account
- It is not necessary to have a Facebook or YouTube account to see worship videos on stdave.org.
- The St. David’s Facebook and YouTube pages are open to the public and our videos can be watched by anyone with the link.
- However, we have found that the web browser FireFox is not compatible with Facebook and may cause issues with viewing embedded online video.
Issue: The video is pausing or skipping
- When using WiFi to connect to the video it is best to bring your device close to the router and, if possible, refrain from using other devices to stream video for the duration of the service.
- Connection to the Internet via an Ethernet cable may help reduce video interruptions.
- Try using a different browser or refreshing your page.
- Increased web traffic can sometimes cause delays in watching videos. The Online Worship team will continue to adapt our recording techniques for optimal connection during this time of physical distancing and appreciate your understanding.
Need help? Please contact email@example.com if you need assistance or if you would like to become a Tech Volunteer, helping other parishioners with commonly asked technology questions stay connected to St. David’s.