Music is a central part of worship and community at St. David’s. To learn more about specific ensembles or upcoming concerts, or to get involved in music-making at St. David’s, please explore this section of our website. We also invite you to contact Director of Music David Stevens.
Sunday worship services at St. David’s are filled with praise of God through music:
- The 9:00 and 11:15 a.m. Rite II services of Holy Communion (in the Historic Church) include a classical liturgical style, choir, organ, and occasional brass and wind instrumentalists.
- The 9:10 a.m. service of Family Holy Communion (in Bethell Hall) is an informal, family-friendly service with an ensemble of guitar, piano, and other varying instruments. Contact Mark Wischkaemper for more information.
- The 11:15 a.m. service of Holy Communion (in Bethell Hall) is an Episcopal service with an Austin vibe, an ensemble of guitar, piano, and other varying instruments.
- The 5 p.m. service of Contemplative Holy Communion (in Bethell Hall) is a meditative service with incense and acoustic guitar.
- The 8 p.m. service of Choral Compline (in the Historic Church) is a half-hour, contemplative service of Ancient Evening Prayer with candles, incense, and the Compline Choir.
A listing of upcoming rehearsals and special music events may be found at the Music Calendar.
We would also be delighted to connect with you at our Music Facebook page.