St. David’s is a beautiful place for the Celebration and Blessing of a Marriage, with three worship spaces, an outdoor Labyrinth, ample parking, and the option to rent our event facilities for a reception and/or rehearsal dinner.
Holy Matrimony is a Sacrament of the Church. At St. David’s it is open to all couples equally, including same-sex couples. In order to be married at St David’s one of the following conditions must be met.
- At least one member of the couple is a baptized Christian and an active, attending, and pledging member of St. David’s for at least six (6) months prior to submitting the request to be married.
- Couples living outside of Austin who are active, attending, and pledging members of another Episcopal parish will be considered upon written request from the Rector of their parish to the Rector of St. David’s. In these situations, there is an additional fee.
- Couples planning to get married at St. David’s are required to participate in pre-marital counseling. We have a list of recommended pre-marital counselors, or you may discuss alternative options with the priest who will preside at your wedding.
- The minimum cost is $1,440-$1,500 for St. David’s members and $2,440-$2,500 for non-members, depending on the worship space. Other services will incur additional fees.
- If either member of the couple has been previously divorced at any time, specific requirements of the Church must be met. This includes submission of a remarriage submission petition to the Bishop.
The Historic Church provides a picturesque setting in an ornate and historic worship space, with seating for up to 425 guests. Bethell Hall offers a more modern, open space, with seating for up to 200 guests. For smaller weddings, Grace Chapel is a lovely space, and accommodates up to 30 guests. Our outdoor Labyrinth, complete with flowers, white lights, and a water feature, provides a beautiful space for portraits and “first look” photos of the couple prior to the ceremony.
Please read our Wedding Book document to learn about wedding procedures and guidelines at St. David’s. After carefully reading the Wedding Book, you may complete and submit the Request to be Married form, found on the final page booklet. Please contact our Wedding Coordinator, Amanda Wischkaemper for more information. We look forward to making your marriage celebration joyful and sacred!